Thank you for your interest in the full-time Communications/Tech Director position at Calvary Church. After reading the overview of our church and the job description below, if you are interested in applying for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to . If you have questions about the position, please email us at . Our team will get back to you within 48 hours of receiving your email.
Who We Are
Calvary is a place for people to find an authentic, relevant worship experience and practical Biblical teaching. It is a "come as you are" atmosphere where people are welcome to dress up or dress down. Worship at Calvary is centered on Christ. Safe, fun, and Christ- centered programming is offered to preschool, elementary, and middle school on Sunday mornings. High school and college ministry take place on Sunday evenings. Calvary currently offers two Sunday morning service times with concurrent children's ministry at 9:00 am and 10:20 am. Volunteers and staff are encouraged to attend one service in addition to the ministry where they serve each Sunday. As of June 2021, we are a church of 700 in worship and 225 per week in children's ministry.
Calvary Church is located in northwestern West Lafayette, Indiana, in Tippecanoe County. West Lafayette is bordered on its eastern side by I-65, and is about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis and 120 miles southeast of Chicago. The school systems are consistently ranked among the top in the state. Purdue University, with an enrollment of around 40,000 students, is also located in West Lafayette and has one of the highest percentage enrollments of international students of public universities in the U.S. The area is economically diverse and includes farming, heavy industry (Subaru, Caterpillar, Wabash National, Arconic, Tate and Lyle, and others), as well as higher education (Purdue and Ivy Tech Community College).
Calvary Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to make followers who make followers of Jesus. A follower is someone who understands their need for Jesus, has surrendered their life to Him, and is taking steps to look more like Him. We have four simple followers statements. These statements help us discern if our discipleship pathway is equipping individuals to grow in their knowledge of Jesus and their understanding of discipleship.
1. Followers Follow Jesus.
Our desire is to think like Jesus, act like Jesus, and love like Jesus.
2. Followers Share What They Know.
We do not have to know everything to be able to tell someone about Jesus or to invite them into community. As we learn more, we can share more, but every follower has something to share.
3. Followers Serve God and Others.
Every follower of Jesus has gifts and is an important part of the church. We want to use those gifts to honor God and to serve in the church, in our community, and around our world.
4. Followers Give Sacrificially.
As followers, we want to give our time, money, resources, and talents to build up the Kingdom of God.
The Communications and Tech Director will lead in setting the strategic direction and by overseeing the implementation of all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable, and fulfill Calvary Church’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker, and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
• Work alongside the Worship Pastor to create consistency in all communication
• Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages
• Contribute during brainstorming and creative sessions
• Develop weekly announcement videos for each Sunday morning
• Develop, coordinate between, and oversee the execution of communication campaigns
• Measure effectiveness of communication messages
• Oversee the Tech Team in the sound booth to create a distraction-free environment for those joining us on Sundays.
• Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communication goals
• Enlist, equip, and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers, and writers
• Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of the website
• Work proactively to make sure Calvary Church maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, and new technology
• Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
• Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns as assigned
• Proactively work to make sure Calvary Church maintains an effective presence on social media including style/presence and new technology
• Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in cooperation with Communications Team
• Find creative ways to build followings on various social media outlets including, but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Establish policy for social media use
Design and Brand Management
• Develop a brand strategy with an implementation plan
• Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness
• Supervise volunteer artists to develop graphic designs
• Monitor the visual appearance, tone, and feel of all promotional materials representing Calvary Church
• Oversee the use of logos and images that represent Calvary Church
Qualifications and Required Skills
• A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion to help others find and follow Him
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
• Degree in Communications, Media, or related field preferred, or a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the Communications field
• Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end
• Organized and able to manage multiple projects
• Action-oriented and displays focus, passion, and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done
• Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately
• Organized, highly productive, creative thinker who works well in a fast-paced environment
• Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, and understands strengths and weaknesses
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrable competence in Adobe Creative Suite and ProPresenter
• Experience live streaming to various platforms
• Introduction to Allen & Heath GLD80 soundboard
• Lead our weekly College Bible Study, Merge
• Work with different age groups in our middle and high school, Student Community
• Lead weekly Bible studies